2.19.2011

Sewing



I'm a little behind on blogging. Oops...Please forgive. :)

Not too much going on in my world. I'm working for my father-in-law for a couple of months to fill in for his office manager who is on maternity leave. Luckily, my "real" job is only 20 hours a week and I was able to take some time away from the law office to help with one of the family businesses. I really haven't had much time to do anything the last 3 weeks. I was so tired. I haven't worked a full time job in about 3 years so going back to work (especially at 8am) kicked my ass...hard. 

Anyway, I'm finally catching up with everything and everyone and hopefully I won't be MIA much more. 
Back on topic, 2 weeks ago was my birthday and even though my birthday sucked, I was able to sew for the first time. It was quite the experience and I was so nervous that I was going to break the machine. Granted, I wasn't actually using fabric and was only using ribbon, paper and string but I was still nervous. This was all part of a Stampin' Up class that I took for Valentine's Day cards. For those that don't know, Stampin' Up is a card-making, scrapbook, and fabric company. They also sell wall decals like those that are mostly seen in nurseries.

Excuse the facial expressions. I was concentrating very hard apparently while laughing and trying to smile. Weird combo, I know.





Back a couple of posts ago (I'm too lazy to link it right now), I mentioned that we had gotten a new light for the kitchen and kitchen table. Here are the pictures of those 2 things. Now, if only I could go ahead and get my new floor for the kitchen, I would be one happy little camper. 






I'm off to go shopping for the day with Josh. Hope everyone has a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment