11.28.2010

I was one of THOSE people

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. Josh and I had a very relaxing day. Well, I say we had relaxing day but it was only relaxing until the Cowboys game. Josh and his dad are lifelong Cowboy fans and they both were on the edge of their seats during that game.

As most of you know, my brother was not able to be with us this year. That, however, did not stop my mother from making him a "place" at the dinner table. I admit, she is a bit nuts. :)





If you look closely in the upper left hand corner, you will see a bear holding an American flag. The bear has on an Army uniform and is holding a flag. She put the bear on pillows to get it to table height. She then put a plate, cup, and silverware in front of this bear. I'm honestly surprised she didn't put food on the plate. I love my mother but this was a bit over the top, even for her.

Here is a picture of Josh and I at my parents house.



And then there was Black Friday...

My mom, older brother (Brad) and I left my mothers house at 4:00. We were parked and in Macy's by 4:30. Surprisingly, we were able to get a front row parking spot and the store was pretty deserted. Yay for us! I got a $625 Michael Kors suit for $175 for Josh! I was so excited. It was the only one of that style that they had and it was Josh's size. I swear it was meant to be.

After Macy's, we went to Stein Mart where I saved $50 just by doing separate transactions. I had several $10 off $25 purchases so every time my purchase got to $25, I would make the cashier stop and let me pay. I may have been annoying but at least I saved $50. I did the same thing at Macy's. :) I also got a $100 pair of boots for $20 at Belk. Woot woot!

By the time the day was over, we had shopped for 15 hours. I was worn out! I still have some shopping to do though. Ugh! I will say that this was the calmest year for shopping. The only place we stood in line for longer than 3 or 4 minutes was at the Christian bookstore. The line there was all the way to the back of the store but they moved pretty quickly and we were only in line for 15 minutes or so. 

Anyway- I hope you all had a great holiday and if you braved the shopping crowd, I hope you got some fabulous deals.





No comments:

Post a Comment