6.01.2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Before I share about my wonderful weekend, I want to first thank all of our troops, past and present. Without your sacrifice we would not have the freedom that we, as Americans, have. A special thanks to my brother who is currently serving with the 101st Airborne Division in Afghanistan right now.


Josh and I had an awesome weekend. We spent the entire weekend outside camping at night and on the boat on the lake during the day. The only problem that I had was the spiders. They were seriously out to get me.

I started the weekend out with getting my nails done and a much needed pedicure. I decided to try something different with my nails since I always keep the french manicure. I decided I would be daring and do black tips. I can't wait for my mother to see them. She is going to have a heart attack!


I know I posted the other day about our new Coleman tent. Well, here is my product review. This weekend was the first weekend that we were able to use it and I have nothing but great things to say about it. It was so easy to put up as it was color coded for slow people like me. :) We did get rained on but not once had a leak. It was so roomy too. We were able to fit a double decker full size air mattress in it plus have room to walk around and actually stand in it. For my ladies with kids, you could easily fit a pack-n-play in there and still be comfortable. It comes with plenty of little extras too like an area for a small closet, a hinged door(that is awesome), little areas for ventilation, and extra stakes. This tent is definitely worth the investment.

Here are some pictures of our set-up:

We set-up camp on an island in the middle of the lake. It was gorgeous and the weather was absolutely perfect. We got rained on for about 15 minutes but it didn't stop us from enjoying the long weekend.

Here is a picture of the view from our campsite:



I love my husband but he just doesn't care what he looks like sometimes. I got him dressed like a total goober and he just laughed about it.
I loved our late night cruises on the boat.



We stocked up on some food before we left. We ate completely healthy all weekend!
We also took stock in Michelob Ultra and Mountain Dew. We also had another cooler full of this stuff. We are always prepared! :)

Finally, my friend Monte and I who planned the whole thing and got us all together!

We had a great weekend and I hope you did as well!




1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had fun! I love camping - your post is making want to pack up and head out today!

    ReplyDelete