6.13.2010

Vacation Bible School 2010

For the past 4 years, I have taught Vacation Bible School at my parent's church. I always get the youngest group which is the kids under 6. They have a small church so I always have less than 10 kids and it really allows me to get to know each of the kids and spend time with them that they don't get at home. Most of the children/youth at their church are from less than ideal situations. For instance, one of the little girls that I had this week hadn't had her diaper changed at all one of the days. I feel so bad for most of the kids there.

VBS is one of the most rewarding things that I do each year. It reminds me that I often take things for granted.



The following pictures are of a little girl who is 5 years old and has had 5 open heart surgeries. She is an amazing little girl and no one would ever guess that she has been through so much. She is full of energy and life. She was such a big help to me throughout the week. My dad has spent so much time with her. He looks at her like another daughter and each time she is at the hospital, he is there with her and her family. Her name is Jada and she is my new best friend :)



This is Jada with her brother Austin(blue shirt), her sister Laura(pink shirt), her new friends Milena and Joshua and me.

Me and my older brother, Brad, who taught the teenagers. He had a tough job! The teenagers needed serious guidance!
My mom and I with one of my BFF's kids. This is Milena and Joshua.


I had an awesome week! Can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment