7.06.2010

We're Moving!

Josh and I decided that it is time to move. Well, I really decided and he is going along with it. Josh has owned the house that we live in for about 5 years now. It is your typical first time home but I really *hate* that house. I've mentioned it before how I am grateful for a roof over my head but I strongly hate that house. Why? 1. It was him and his ex-wife's house. They (well Josh, but we won't go there) bought that house together. Her child lived in that house. 2. His psycho ex-girlfriend lived in that house. Because of reasons 1 and 2(among so many more), I have never felt like the house was OUR house. When I moved in 2 years ago, the house was completely bare. All the walls were white and all the furniture was mis-matched. I attempted to make the house a home but was never able to accomplish it. I painted *every* wall in that house. My parents and I bought furniture and items to stage the house with but it still doesn't feel right. I don't want to raise our children in that house and I decided a long time ago that I most certainly would not!

We started the process yesterday. We started cleaning out closests, drawers and the attic. We went to Lowe's and Wal-Mart and bought storage bins. We packed away over 500 DVD's and over 100 Blue-Ray discs. While at Lowe's, I had to pick up some paint to cover up the entertainment room paint because it is currently dark burgundy and it needs to be lightened up to sell. My living room is a disaster zone! All the bins from the attic are down there along with endless bags of stuff for Goodwill.

There are several small things and a couple big things that need to be done before the house is ready to sell but I am so excited for our future! The house should be ready to go on the market in the next month or so. The good Lord has blessed us with the opportunity to move and I couldn't be happier! Now, if only the house would sell quickly!

Any tips on selling? I'm open ears...

No comments:

Post a Comment