5.09.2010

What's left...

First off...Happy Mother's day! I have no idea what I would do without my mother. She has always stuck by me and is my biggest fan. I love her so much!

I have spent the better part of the last week in Bellevue demolishing stuff after the flood that hit the Middle Tennessee area on May 2nd.

Words cannot describe the destruction that was left. The pictures don't do it justice either.

Below are some pictures of what is left...

The pictures below are of my friend Tommy's parents house. I spent the better part of 5 years at this house. Everything was ripped out, including sub-floor, drywall, carpet, hardwood floors, furniture was thrown out and everything in between. It is truly devastating.

This is the neighbors barn that used to be in the back of the house...


Tommy felt that we needed to have a little humor...

COLD BEER ANYONE?????
EVERYTHING' S A $1.00




Finally, I broke my own rule. I always said that it should be illegal to wear boots with shorts but I guess there is an exception to every rule. And yes, I have owned these boots for years. I got that question so many times this week. I guess people didn't expect me to own a pair of steel toe work boots.



I ask that everyone continue to pray for these families. It will take them years to rebuild. The volunteers have come from near and far and are greatly appreciated. The homeowners haven't had to worry about food or water because of the gracious restaurants that have come out to support the community. I have seen first hand why Tennessee is called the Volunteer State. It has been a humbling experience working with the clean up efforts.

I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment