3.29.2010

Our first attempt at Curb Appeal

I don't know why I was so nervous about gardening. It was so much fun and easy. The weather was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

Before pictures



This hole was so aggravating and seemed like it was out of place.

The railing needed to be re-painted very badly.

The front yard was a mess while we were in the process. By this time, I had already sanded all the rails down and re-painted them. They look SO much better.


After pictures


The Flowers

I love these. They are Gerber Daisies.



This is called a Pink Flowering Almond. It should grow about 5 feet tall. If you can't tell, it went into that awkward box area.
Overall, I am pleased with the outcome. I can't wait for the grass to grow in even. We seeded it and patched some of the holes. I will more then likely plant some flowers to add some color. I still feel like it is a little bland. I hope the "mini-tree", as I call it, grows in to be the full 5 feet. I think it will add a lot to the front of the house.

I really hope that I don't kill the flowers. I have never had plants and I didn't grow up with plants so this is a whole new adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment