8.24.2010

Finding land will be the death of me....

Why is it so stinkin' hard to find a piece of land where we want? Is is so hard to ask for 3-6 acres that has already been perked for a 4 or more bedroom house? Apparently, it is like pulling teeth. All the pieces of land that we have found with the exception of 2 or 3 can only be perked for a 3 bedroom house and well, to be honest, that just isn't good enough for me. If I am going to spend the money to buy the land and then build a house on it then it is going to be exactly what I want and how I want it done. Call me selfish and a spoiled brat but it is what it is. We plan to spend "forever" in this house and it has to be perfect.

I think we are going to have to go a bit further out then what we originally thought we wanted to do but honestly, I am okay with that. I love the country roads and I like the idea of not settling on a piece of property in a subdivision. I want privacy and I want enough land to do whatever my little heart desires to do on it.

This is a picture of the property we are going to look at this week. It is exactly 5 acres.
This is a bit further out then we were originally wanting but I really like the pictures of the land and the seller is super motivated to get rid of it. Just with this picture, I can imagine our house, Josh's garage with an apartment above it for friends and family that come to stay, kids, 4wheelers and a pool! Gotta have a pool :)

I really hope that when we actually drive to see this this week that it's not too far out. I said I would go a bit further out but not too far out. I gotta be somewhat close to civilization for when I need some retail therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment