10.26.2010

Inspiritational Quotes

Some amazing friends of mine compiled a list of inspirational quotes today and I felt compelled to list some of my favorite ones here. My journey to parenthood, along with several other of my friends, hasn't exactly been the easiest road but with a little confidence, some tears and e-hugs, and a lot of hope, I know I will be a mother one day as will all of them.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." ~Dale Carnegie

"Hope is the companion of power, and mother of success; for who so hopes strongly has within him the gift of miracles." ~Samuel Smiles

"Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th." ~Julie Andrews

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." ~ Thomas A. Edison

"To hope means to be ready at every moment for that which is not yet born, and yet not become desperate if there is no birth in our lifetime." ~Emily Dickinson

"I hope we can be happy where we are, be grateful for our blessings now, here accept that challenge that is ours and make the most of it, and not be envious of others." ~Ezra Taft Benson

"Hope is putting faith to work when doubting would be easier." ~ Author Unknown

"I have failed my way to success." ~ Thomas A. Edison

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

The Serenity Prayer- "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time; enjoying one moment at a time; accepting the hardships as the pathway to peace; taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; that I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him forever in the next. Amen."

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

"Being challenged in life is inevitable, but defeat is optional." ~Roger Crawford

"Be not afraid, only believe." ~Mark 5:36

"And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbows." ~G.K. Charleston

"Hope is a good thing-maybe the best thing, and no good thing ever dies." ~Stephen King- Shawshank Redemption

"I have to keep breathing because tomorrow the sun will rise and who know what the tide will bring." ~From the movie Cast Away

"Perseverance is the confrontation between the river and the rock. The river always wins...Not through strength but through perseverance."

Though you may be under a dark tree, always look for the light shining through the branches."

"Difficult times have helped me understand better than before, how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever."

"They take pictures of mountain climbers at the top of the mountain. They're smiling, ecstatic, triumphant. They don't take pictures along theway, because who wants to remember the rest of it? We push ourselves because we have to, not because we like it. The relentless climb, the pain and anguish of taking it to the next level, nobody takes pictures of that. Nobody wants to remember; we just want to remember the view from the top. The breathtaking moment on the edge of the world. That's what keeps us climbing- and it's worth the pain. That's the crazy part: it's worth anything."


***My 3 favorite from our compilation today***

"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." ~Harriet Beecher Stowe

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never have's, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be." ~Shel Silverstein

"Your God is big, he has a plan for you. And one day, that plan will call you Mommy."
~From a fellow e-friend's family member


If you made it through those without crying, congratulations. I was in tears today reading through all the quotes. It really puts this entire journey into perspective. I will always have those days where I feel like a broken, useless, infertile woman but I will look back at my bracelet that I wear everyday and look back at these wonderful quotes and know that one day I will be a mother and all this mess will be worth it.

1 comment:

  1. So, I made it through them until the last two. :( We'll be mommies one day!

    ReplyDelete