10.11.2010

So proud of my mom!

Mom and I went shopping Saturday for her some new clothes. All of hers are falling off. Literally. For as long as I can remember, my mom has always been overweight. She finally decided that she is going to do something about it. In May she started seeing a weight-loss doctor. With the help of the proper vitamins, exercise and the right diet, I am so proud to say that my mom has lost almost 60 pounds in 5 months. She is up to walking 2.5 miles a day too!

It was actually fun clothes shopping with her for once. She only has one more size to go before she can't wear the jeans at the plus size store anymore! YAY! We even got to go to a department store and she was able to try on some clothes there. She hasn't been able to do that in 20 years probably.

I couldn't believe the difference in her attitude when we were shopping. She was excited to actually be trying on clothes.

I have a before and after picture below. The before picture was taken at my wedding in January. She was at her heaviest point then.

Before

After (before shopping so her shirt is still really baggy)

I am so very proud of her. I am so happy that she is getting healthy and will be able to run around with her grandchildren. Love you mom!

1 comment: